What are the biggest challenges you face in attempting to improve performance with a supplier? What do you do when the quality and/or timeliness of your suppliers are lacking and the impact transfers down to your clients? You cannot solve problems by just switching suppliers.
The key to providing a quality product/service is having suppliers who provide consistent quality along with timely delivery. Come to this class to learn how you can improve the performance you currently get from your suppliers and explore the proven strategies to develop workable and effective supplier relationships. You will explore the latest strategies for improving the performance of suppliers.
In this full-day class you will:
- Learn how to keep costs down
- Learn how to develop and use effective supplier capability surveys and performance rating systems
- Learn how to address and resolve cost and respective quality issues
- Develop an understanding of essential elements to attain a win-win relationship
- Learn how to employ the steps to attain a supplier certification relationship
- Learn how to employ the concept of “quick changeover” with the supplier to reduce “WIP” and the proverbial “minimum lot size”