This course reviews and updates OSHA-required training topics with emphasis on infection
control. Be prepared for ordinary and extraordinary safety issues such as physical and chemical
risks, infectious disease transmission and control, hazard communication and waste. Attendees
learn ways improve the effectiveness of Standard Precautions, while recognizing their limits.
The combined course includes required infection control topics for License re-licensure as well
as OSHA topics for annual training.
Learning Objectives: Attendees will review required training in both OSHA and infection topics
and identify the need to update or change their OSHA injury and illness prevention program in
the following areas:
This program also reviews the DPA topics and regulations that are required for re-licensure.
- Important disease risks, prevention and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Standard Precautions, including safe injections, Respiratory Hygiene / Cough Etiquette
- Waste management and environmental asepsis including dental waterline management
- Instrument and equipment sterilization
Attendees will share stories and ideas about violations of the law or questions about the
legality of conditions or scenarios and will receive a handout that references the information
presented. After attending the course, attendees will be familiar with the scope of regulations
addressed in the DPA, how those regulations define dental practice limits, how to find answers
to legal questions addressed by the DPA, and how the California Dental Board enforces the DPA
and where to locate resources to further their knowledge in this topic.
Learning Outcomes - Upon completion, the participant shall be able to:
6 CE units
- Be familiar with the scope of regulations addressed in the DPA
- Discuss how those regulations define dental practice limits
- Understand how the California Dental Board enforces the DPA
- Learn how to locate information and resources related to the DPA