One of the primary responsibilities of a developing leader is to delegate effectively. You need to be able to identify an employee’s strengths and weaknesses, select and delineate work tasks clearly, and appropriately monitor the execution of the tasks throughout the employee development process. Come to this half day class to:
- Be introduced to situational leadership and how to apply it to your work team
- Learn when to delegate, when to coach, when to support and when to direct.
- Identify tasks that you can safely delegate.
- Practice delegating effectively using a “conversation planner.”
- Practice following-up with employees after the fact to ensure that tasks are done completely and appropriately, and that employees are learning the skills they need to succeed.