For important information about supplies and materials please review the Class Letter for Game Labs: Introduction to Dungeons and Dragons
This class is live instruction in the virtual classroom. You will receive a link to join the live session, as well as information about accessing the camp portal, in your confirmation email following registration.
First time attending a virtual classroom class?
- No Zoom account necessary! You’ll be receiving a password-encrypted link to enter your class, which will prompt you to download the Zoom software or join directly from your favorite web browser. Just one click, and you’ll be taken straight to your virtual classroom, no extra log-in required.
- Want some tips and support? Zoom has a great “Getting Started” page for technical support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
- Check in early! Your instructor will “open” the classroom 15 minutes prior to the start time of the class. Students are encouraged to join early, so class can begin on time.
- Join with your name. Please use your child’s first name and last initial when joining. Names that do not match the roster may not be permitted to join. All students must be approved to enter by the instructor. Signing in with a first name and last initial will protect privacy, while ensuring that your child is admitted to the virtual classroom.
- Turn on your camera! If you have a webcam, we recommend turning it on so that your teacher and fellow students can see your child, and your child can see them. Nonverbal feedback is so important to human connection, and makes the virtual classroom feel more like the brick and mortar one. The camera button is the the bottom left corner of Zoom.
- Consider the background. If possible, try to set up the computer, tablet, or phone with a neutral space behind your child, like a wall or curtain. If you don’t have one available, try out the Virtual Background option to keep your personal space, personal.
- Don’t forget to log out! Once class is over, be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely by clicking the “Leave Meeting” button, or by logging out of your student portal.
Due to the Stay-at-Home orders, the Extension office is closed until further notice. If you have any questions, please reach out via email to email@example.com.