Please read the Motorcycle Safety Training Overview
and Student Information
webpages for important details, including what to bring to the in-person range. Review this webpages prior to your class start date.
The Thursday class sessions will occur in the virtual classroom. You will receive a link to join the live session in your confirmation email, following registration. Please review the following information to ensure that you are prepared for your class.
- Please download and read the CLASS HANDBOOK. This is a 98 page long document. You will be tested on the contents and all of the materials are NOT covered in class. Please download and review this handbook before class.
- Please review the DMV Motorcycle handbook. Note that you will need to log in to the DMV website to access this document.
- Arrive early! Check in begins 15 minutes prior to the start time of the class. Late students will not be admitted, either to the virtual class sessions or the in-person weekend range.
- Join with your name. All students must be admitted by the instructor, who will be comparing against the class roster. Please enter the name you used at registration to join the Zoom meeting; you may use just your first name and last initial, if you would prefer. Note that if you are logged in to the Zoom software on your computer, your name cannot be changed until you are admitted to the classroom - try logging out if you’re having trouble.
- Turn on your camera! To ensure participation, all students must be on camera for the duration of the Zoom class meeting. they will forfeit their spot in that class. If this occurs, please get in touch with Extension immediately, either by phone or via email, and we will discuss potential options with you. Please note you cannot "make-up" missed time, or a missed class session.
- Mute and Unmute! We’re all navigating the realities of sheltering in place, and your environment may be noisy. It’s good practice to mute your microphone while you’re not speaking - just don’t forget to unmute when you’d like to speak! You can find the mute/unmute button in the bottom left corner of Zoom.
- Code of Conduct. Students are expected to behave in the virtual classroom as they would in a face-to-face one. This includes, but is not limited to: dressing appropriately for a public setting; not consuming alcoholic beverages or attending class while intoxicated in any manner; attending from a fixed location, not while driving or otherwise moving; and otherwise avoiding disruptive or dangerous behavior. Students may be dismissed without option of reschedule or refund for violating the class code of conduct.
- Lost connection: Students who are unable to complete both virtual Zoom classes, or who are not present and on camera in the Zoom meeting for more than 5 minutes, will forfeit their spot in that class. If this occurs, students must email Extension immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to detail what has occurred. An Extension staff member will be in touch to discuss potential options, which may include a credit to re-take the class, or a transfer to another available class session, depending on the nature of the situation. Please note you cannot "make-up" missed time, or a missed class session, and refunds are not available for students who do not complete both virtual Zoom classes.
- Don’t forget to log out! Once class is over, be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely by clicking the “Leave Meeting” button.
If you do not show up for any one of the class sessions, you will be dropped from the class and there will be no refund available. You will need to call and sign up and pay for a new class if you wish to continue. Refunds are available only for cancellations made one week prior to the class start date. If you are unable to attend and wish to request a refund, you must notify us no later than 5pm on the Thursday prior to the first class meeting. There is a $25 processing fee.
If you are refused admittance to any class or range because you do not have the required documents, signatures, protective gear, or arrived late, you will be dropped from the class, and your fee will not be refunded.
Due to the Stay-at-Home orders, the Extension office is closed until further notice. If you have any questions, please reach out via email to email@example.com.