Certificate Series:Supervisory Academy - Summer Program
Being a supervisor presents numerous challenges and opportunities! In today’s new work environment, you are expected to meet organizational goals with the people you supervise. We need to build resilience and flexibility to adapt to uncertainty and the constant change around us. The Cabrillo College Supervisory Academy is a 8-week program designed to help you develop your skills and become a better supervisor. Supervisors are now managing employees in person and/or remotely, therefore, better people management and clear communication are essential skills. Through each course, you will learn the tools, tips, techniques that will bring success in your interactions and build trust in your relationships.
Each course is designed to stand on its own and be of value. However, attending the entire 8-week program provides depth on a variety of topics that come together to provide a holistic strategy and process to the supervisory experience.
In our weekly meetings, you will learn:
- Skills that will make you better prepared, organized and fulfilled by your role
- Self-awareness and strategies to manage situations and people
- Stress and conflict management
- Effective communication to create a culture of trust and high performance
- Motivational factors of individual employees and the collective team
- Optimization of time management, team performance and results
- Coaching techniques to maximize individual potential
This series will occur live in the Zoom virtual classroom. You will receive a link to join the live session in your registration confirmation email, following registration.
Materials Fee: $0.00